Le Creuset is a leader in the cookware industry, and their signature cast iron sets are a testament to the quality this brand is known for. Each piece is cast in sand molds and inspected by 15 different artisans before making its way to store shelves. The brilliant heat retention of cast iron makes this cookware collection exceptional both on the stovetop and in the oven.
The Le Creuset Signature cast iron cookware set is available in a 5-piece and 6-piece collection. Each set includes the following items:
- 5-Piece: 3.5-quart French oven with lid, 1 3/4-quart saucepan with lid and 9” skillet.
- 6-Piece: 4.5-quart French oven with lid, 2 1/4-quart saucier with lid, 5 1/4-quart roaster, and square skillet grill.
Le Creuset’s Signature Cast Iron sets are incredibly versatile. Thanks to cast iron’s exceptional heat retention properties and its ability to withstand high temperatures, you can use these pieces for just about any cooking application, including:
Adding to its versatility, this cast iron cookware set can be used on just about any cooking surface, including: gas, electric, induction, outdoor grill, ceramic and halogen cooktops. Every piece is oven safe and freezer safe.
In addition to its heat retention abilities, this cast iron cookware set also boasts a number of other great features, including:
- Dishwasher safe
- Colorful enamel exterior that’s resistant to cracking and chipping
- Skillets and skillet grills in the collection do not require seasoning
- Large handles allow for easy handling even with oven mitts
- Phenolicknobs can withstand temperatures of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
All of the pieces in the cast iron cookware collection are backed by a limited lifetime warranty. This the best Le Creuset cookware set for all-around use and everyday cooking.
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Excellent heat retention
- Can be used on any heat source
- Can withstand high cooking temperatures
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- Not ideal for dry cooking – with the exception of skillet grills.
Unlike traditional cast iron cookware, which is seasoned, oils and fats are needed in order to prevent foods from sticking to the surface of the pan.
Le Creuset’s Signature Cast Iron 5-piece set is comparable in price to the brand’s stainless steel 5-piece set. However, the 6-piece set is pricier when compared to the stainless steel 8-piece collection. From a cook’s point of view, the cast iron collection is well worth the price simply because it offers exceptional heat retention and can withstand high cooking temperatures. This is something that stainless steel cookware rarely offers.
Durability & Maintenance
Traditional cast iron cookware can be tedious to maintain. Rust is a major issue and you must ensure that your pans are seasoned in order to prevent foods from sticking.
Le Creuset’s cast iron cookware set completely eliminates the heavy maintenance of cast iron thanks to its enameled exterior. Each piece is dishwasher safe, so cleanup is a breeze. If food residue and deposits become an issue, soft abrasive pads or nylon can be used to remove them. To protect the enameled surface, abrasive cleaners and scourers should not be used, and all pans should be completely dry before storing.
For an all-around cookware set that can tackle any cooking task, the Signature Cast Iron cookware collection is a smart choice.