The All-Clad Stainless Steel cookware set is the most popular collection in the All-Clad lineup. Designed for a lifetime of culinary use, this collection’s performance is just as impressive as its sleek appearance.
The All-Clad Stainless Steel set is available in 5-piece, 10-piece and 14-piece collections to accommodate your cooking needs, however there are many custom piece sets available online. Each set listed below will include the following:
- 5-Piece: 8-inch frying pan, 10-inch fry pan, 3-quart saucepan with lid and 3-quart sauté pan with lid.
- 10-Piece: 8-inch frying pan, 10-inch frying pan, 2-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart sauté pan with lid and 8-quart stockpot with lid.
- 14-Piece: 10-inch frying pan, 12-inch frying pan, 3-quart sauté pan with lid, 6 quart sauté pan with lid, 2-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart saucepan with lid, 8-quart stockpot with lid and 12-inch chef’s pan with lid.
The Stainless Steel collection is designed for everyday cooking. Both novice and pro cooks enjoy using this cookware simply because each piece can be used for a variety of applications. Use this cookware set for the following:
- Large meals. The 10-piece and 14-piece collection includes an 8-quart stockpot that is ideal for cooking large meals.
- Boiling, reheating and making sauces. Each saucepan features a small surface area with high, straight sides for quick, even heating.
- Browning and searing. Use the frying or sauté pan to brown or sear a variety of foods.
Every piece in this cookware set is safe to use with gas stoves, induction cooktops, electric cooktops, broilers, freezers, ovens (up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit) and dishwashers.
There’s a reason why the Stainless Steel collection is the best All-Clad cookware set for beginner and everyday cooks. Each piece in the set is durable, versatile and easy to care for. This is all thanks to the unique construction of each cookware piece.
A multi-layer stainless steel and aluminum core allows for even heat distribution without warping or reacting to food. This tri-ply core consists of the following layers:
- 18/10 stainless steel interior
- Aluminum core
- Induction stainless steel exterior
Although it may not conduct heat quite as well as the Copper Core collection, aluminum is still one of the best conductors of heat and will eliminate hot spots.
In addition to its unique core, the cookware also features long stick handles and loop handles for easy handling. The handles stay cool to the touch even when cooking on a stovetop. The magnetic exterior of the cookware also makes it compatible with any cooktop surface, including induction.
The Stainless Steel set is the most affordable cookware collection offered by All-Clad. The d5 Brushed collection is the brand’s mid-range set, while the Copper Core is the brand’s high-end collection.
Durability & Maintenance
The Stainless Steel set is one of the easiest All-Clad cookware sets to maintain. Each piece features a nonstick coating that’s PFOA-free for quick and easy clean-up. The cookware is also dishwasher safe for added convenience.
If you’re just starting your cookware collection or you’re looking for a basic everyday set, the Stainless Steel collection from All-Clad is a great choice. The superior durability and performance of this set make it the most popular choice among All-Clad customers.
Why I Like & Recommend It:
- Even heat distribution
- Easy to maintain
- Non-reactive to food
- Resistant to warping
- Nonstick surface
- Dishwasher safe
The one downside to this set is that the inner core is not as complex as the d5 collection. The d5 Brushed collection includes a five-layer inner core with a layer of stainless steel sandwiched between two layers of aluminum. The 18/10 stainless steel interior and induction stainless steel exterior are still present, but the inner core includes more layers for improved heat distribution.
That being said, the Stainless Steel collection still offers superior heat distribution when compared to the average cookware set.