For serious cooks and professional chefs, copper is the cookware material of choice. Copper contains superior heat conductivity properties and is ultra-sensitive to temperature changes. For these reasons, copper is one of the best materials for cookware.
The All-Clad Copper Core set combines the heat conductivity properties of copper with aluminum and stainless steel to create a professional cookware collection that’s easy to maintain.
The Copper Core collection is available in 7-piece, 10-piece and 14-piece sets. Each of these sets includes the following pieces:
- 7-Piece: 10-inch frying pan, 2-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart sauté pan with lid and 3-quart stockpot with lid.
- 10-Piece: 8-inch frying pan, 10-inch frying pan, 2-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart sauté pan with lid and 8-quart stockpot with lid.
- 14-Piece: 10-inch frying pan, 12-inch frying pan, 3-quart sauté pan with lid, 6 quart sauté pan with lid, 2-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart saucepan with lid, 12-inch chef’s pan with lid and 8-quart stockpot with lid.
Designed for the true connoisseur, Copper Core is a collection of high-performance cookware. Much like the Stainless Steel and d5 Brushed collections, Copper Core is versatile and a smart choice for the well-equipped kitchen.
- Fry and sauté pans are ideal for browning and searing.
- Saucepans are perfect for cooking sauces, boiling and reheating.
- The stockpot is the optimal choice for cooking large meals and stock.
- The chef’s pan can be used for virtually any cooking job from sizzling vegetables to making sauces.
The Copper Core collection features a special 5-ply construction to create the best All-Clad cookware for professionals. The 5-ply core consists of the following layers:
- 18/10 stainless steel interior surface
- Aluminum layer
- Copper core
- Aluminum layer
- Magnetic stainless steel exterior
The combination of aluminum and copper allow for quick and even heat distribution.
Thanks to a magnetic stainless steel exterior, this cookware is compatible with:
- Electric cooktops
- Gas cooktops
- Induction cooktops
You can also place each piece in the oven (under 800 degrees Fahrenheit) or the freezer. This is an extremely versatile collection that can take on any cooking task.
Each piece in the collection features an exposed copper band for an elegant, distinctive design. The long stick handles and loop handles stay cool and make the cookware easy to handle.
The Copper Core cookware set is the most expensive collection in the All-Clad lineup, but don’t let this scare you. This set is priced high for a reason. It has all of the bells and whistles you would expect in a high-end copper cookware set and as long as you take good care of everything, it should last a lifetime.
If you are looking for an All-Clad set that is slightly lower in price, but still has superior features and functionality, I’d recommend checking out the d5 Brushed or Stainless Steel collections.
Durability & Maintenance
Anyone who is familiar with copper cookware understands just how delicate and high-maintenance this material can be. However, All-Clad’s inner core design surrounds the copper core with layers of aluminum and stainless steel to make this cookware easy to clean and maintain.
While it may not be dishwasher safe, the cookware in this set is less susceptible to warping and does not require frequent polishing like other copper cookware collections. Because All-Clad products are built to last, you can enjoy your cookware for a lifetime if you care for it properly.
For serious and professional cooks, it’s hard to beat the performance and durability of the All-Clad Copper Core collection.
Why I Like & Recommend It:
- High performance, professional cookware
- Copper core for quick and even heat distribution
- Easy to maintain
- Maximum temperature responsiveness
- 5-play inner core
- Compatible with all cooktop surfaces
The only downside, in my opinion, is that this set isn’t dishwasher safe. The Stainless Steel and d5 collections include cookware that is dishwasher safe, so cleaning and maintenance is a slightly easier. This does not reflect on the cookware’s performance, but it may be a minor inconvenience for some users.