The Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel collection is the brand’s most popular line of cookware, and it’s easy to see why. Each piece in the set is designed for quick, even heating thanks to its multi-layer bottom core design.
An 8-piece and 13-piece set is offered in the Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel collection. Each set includes the following items:
- 8-Piece: 8″ omelet pan, 10″ omelet pan, 1.5-quart saucepan with cover, 2.5-quart saucepan with cover and a 6-quart stock pot with cover.
- 13-Piece: 8” omelet pan, 10” omelet pan, 12” omelet pan, 1.5-quart saucepan with cover, 2.5-quart saucepan with cover, 3-quart chef’s pan with cover, 3-quart sauté pan with cover and a 6-quart stock pot with cover
The Tri-Ply Stainless Steel collection includes everything you need to take on any cooking job, including:
- Frying, browning and searing. The omelet pans can be used for more than just cooking eggs. Brown, sear and sizzle steaks, tuna and many other foods with ease.
- Cook up sauces or reheat soup in the sauce pans.
- Use the chef’s pan or the sauté pan for virtually any cooking job from searing to browning, sautéing and pan frying foods.
- The stock pot can be used to cook up delicious stocks, stews, soups and more.
- Use the Dutch oven to cook warm, comforting casseroles or roasting foods.
The Tri-Ply collection is safe for use on all cooktops and is also oven safe (up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
Considering the versatility of both the 10-piece and 13-piece sets, the Tri-Ply collection is the best Calphalon cookware set overall in terms of value.
The Tri-Ply collection incorporates many of the same great features that you would find in the brand’s Classic Stainless Steel cookware but improves on performance. This is thanks to the triple-layer inner core that includes a heavy-gauge aluminum core situated between two layers of stainless steel. The aluminum allows for excellent heat conductivity, while the stainless steel layers prevent food reactions and make maintenance a breeze.
In addition to improved performance, this line of cookware also includes the following features:
- Long handles that stay cool
- Dishwasher safe
- Full lifetime warranty
The pots and pans in this collection feature polished stainless steel for a classic look that complements any kitchen.
- Triple-layer core with heavy-gauge aluminum inner core and two layers of stainless steel.
- Induction cooktop compatible.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Polished stainless steel look.
- Full lifetime warranty.
- Stay-cool handles.
- Some items in the collection are not broiler safe.
- Not freezer safe.
The Tri-Ply collection is Calphalon’s mid-range line of cookware. Although the sets in this lineup are more expensive than the Classic Stainless Steel collection, the Tri-Ply collection has improved heat conductivity and performance. That being said, this collection is still a step below the Unison Nonstick lineup, which includes a superior nonstick surface that keeps food flavorful and moist.
Durability & Maintenance
Tri-Ply cookware is surprisingly easy to maintain and very durable. All items in the set are dishwasher safe, but Calphalon recommends hand washing to preserve the stainless steel’s natural shine and luster.
If you’re looking for a cookware set that provides excellent heat conductivity, durability, and versatility at an affordable price, the Tri-Ply cookware set from Calphalon is the great choice.