The Calphalon Classic Stainless Steel set is a part of the Calphalon brand’s collection of everyday cookware. Designed for beginners and expert cooks alike, this is a set that includes a wide range of cookware pieces to accommodate all of your cooking needs.
The Calphalon Classic Stainless Steel line is available in a 10-piece and 14-piece set. Each set includes the following pieces:
- 10-Piece: 8” frying pan, 10” frying pan, 1.5-quart saucepan with cover, 2.5-quart saucepan with cover, 3-quart sauté pan with cover and a 6-quart stock pot with cover.
- 14-Piece: 8” frying pan, 10” frying pan, 12” frying pan with cover, 1.5-quart saucepan with cover, 2.5-quart saucepan with cover, 3.5-quart saucepan with cover, 3-quart sauté pan with cover and an 8-quart stock pot with cover
The Classic Stainless Steel collection is ideal for your everyday cooking needs.
- Use the frying pan and sauté pan for browning, searing and cooking eggs.
- Use the sauce pots for making sauces, boiling water or reheating leftovers.
- Use the stockpot for soups, stews, stocks and large meals.
All of the pieces in the set are oven safe (up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit), induction capable and broiler safe, so they can be used for a variety of applications.
Both the 10-piece and 14-piece sets include all of the basic cookware items you need to tackle just about any task. This is the best Calphalon cookware set for those who are new to cooking or looking to replace an old cookware set.
Calphalon cookware is built to last and includes a number of convenient features that will save you time in the kitchen, such as:
- Etched fill lines for easy measuring
- Pour spouts to prevent spills
- Straining lids
- Long handles that stay cool
- Dishwasher safe
Every pot and pan in the collection is constructed with brushed stainless steel and features impact-bonded aluminum bases. The aluminum base allows for quick, even heating while still allowing the cookware to be dishwasher safe. As an added bonus, the entire collection comes with a full lifetime warranty.
- Impact-bonded aluminum base allows for quick, even heating.
- Compatible with induction cooktops.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Constructed with brushed stainless steel.
- Full lifetime warranty.
- Handles stay cool even when cooking on the stovetop.
- Fill lines make measuring simple and easy.
- Glass covers are not broiler safe
- Pots, pans, and covers are not freezer safe
Glass covers do have their advantages (e.g. they allow you to check on your food without having to remove the lid). However, they are not broiler safe like the pots and pans in this collection.
Calphalon’s Classic Stainless Steel cookware is the brand’s entry-level collection. The mid-range Tri-Ply collection is just a little bit more expensive than the Classic Stainless Steel collection, but the high-end Unison Nonstick set costs quite a bit more. This is primarily because the Unison Nonstick collection features a non-stick, PFOA-free surface that locks in moisture and flavor while preventing stuck-on messes.
Durability & Maintenance
Calphalon’s Classic Stainless Steel cookware is built to last. It’s safe to use with all cooktops and utensil types. Although the pieces are dishwasher safe, the manufacturer recommends washing your pots and pans by hand to preserve the stainless steel’s natural shine. If you take good care of your cookware, this set can last a lifetime.
For an everyday set of cookware that’s well-made and affordable, the Classic Stainless Steel set is a perfect choice.